Friday, February 15, 2008

What if He's an Axe Murderer?


Journaling reads:
"What if he's an axe murderer? "
For some reason I'll never understand this was always the first horrified question out of people's mouths when they learned I was leaving home to live in another country with a man I'd never met. Why specifically an axe murderer? What is the fascination with the axe? Does using an axe somehow make murder more ghastly?
Frankly the chances of a healthy straight male in his mid thirties being an axe murderer were much less than his being (in the immortal words of Bridget Jones) an alcoholic, workaholic, commitment phobic, misogynist, megalomaniac, chauvinist, emotional #&*@wit, freeloader, pervert so I was willing to take my chances with the axe murderer angle as I already knew you were none of the above.
I was more than ready to form a functional relationship with an adult male who had already proved to be a mature and responsible human being and just cross my finger and hope to avoid the axe should it ever rear it's ugly head.

Credits:
  • Junky Lovin' Page Kit by Suzanne C. Walker
  • Black & White & Red All Over Page Kit by Suzanne C. Walker from Feb 2008 Club Digital by DSP Designers
  • DSP Crash Font by Suzanne C. Walker

Digital Scrapbook Place

No comments: