Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hummingbird Babies


My Aunt found a Humming bird nest in her backyard. While visiting her I was thrilled to take this photo.

The nest was only about 4 - 5 feet off the ground so it was easy to hold the camera above it to take the photo.The nest is approx 3 - 4 inches long and approx 3 inches tall. I would say the inside of the nest is less than 2 inches. Very tiny. Unless you see the birds sitting in the nest it just looks like a growth on the tree. I looked it up on the internet and apparently the nest is made from spiderwebs and then camoflaged with lichen, moss and other plant materials. This one was in an evergreen near the river that runs through my Aunt's property. I think she said it was a Yew tree.

Credits:

  • Wonderful World Overlay Stack by Lauren Bavin
  • Simple Sentiments 4 Word Art freebie by Tina Chambers

No comments: