Monday, February 27, 2012

Learning to Knit: Day Seventy One

Today Mom and I headed to the not so local Michaels as they were having a sale on Vanna's Choice yarn. I finally have almost all the colours I need to do Pat's Dr. Who scarf. Michaels did not have two of the colours - burgundy and toffee. I decided to substitute the burgundy with purple. I am very happy I couldn`t decide on a good subsitute for toffee though becuase I was thinking of the wrong colour and would have gotten something way to light. To me toffee says, well, the colour of toffee a nice warm caramel like a Werthers or MacIntosh Mack. But no it is a warm brown with a hint of cinamon. The good news is that Pat was able to locate a ball of toffee at a JoAnn`s near him so he is going to ship it to me. It`s on sale so even with the cost of shipping it will be able the same cost as me buying it online from a Canadian shop. If I could find one that carries it.

Anyway I started the scarf and I am super happy with it. Nice mindless project all garter stitch so it will be a long slow ride but worth it in the end. I am toying with the idea of using it to practice knitting english but I haven`t found a good video yet.

No comments: