Saturday, March 10, 2012

Learning to Knit: Day Eighty Four

Huzzah! The missing colour for Pat's Dr. Who scarf arrived today. Very fortuitous because I had to stop working on Mom's hat this afternoon until I can get the right sized needles to continue.

Mom did include two sets of needles with the stuff she gave me but they are the wrong size and I don't have the right size in my collection so the hat will have to wait until Mom can find hers. I'm sure she has them I just hope she didn't accidentally bundle them with another project. I do have a set which are almost the right size. I believe the shaping of the hat would allow me to get away with using them for this section but I'll just do something else for a couple days. If Mom can't find them I will use my needles and see how it looks. I could probably keep using the 16" 3.25mm needles but the stitches are crowding off the ends and I am worried I'll start dropping stitches after the next increase.

I'm a little disappointed because it's a super cool hat and I am anxious to see it finished but I am really happy I get to continue with Pat's scarf.

No comments: