Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Learning to Knit: Day Thirty Five

Haven't posted in awhile as I am just knitting away on the back of Isabelle's sweater and its all stockinette stitch so very boring and unblogable. I've knitted approximately five inches out of eleven. Hopefully I can get it blocked and put together before the weekend.

I have put the brakes on working through Fearless Knitting for now because I joined a knit along group on ravelry and am waiting for them to catch up. I have about a month head start on them. I may not be able to wait but we'll see. I'll try hard.

I have been looking over all my new found pattern joy and just can't decide what to do next. I feel I should make a hat but the ones I really want to do may be a bit to advanced for me. I picked out a super cute one for Isy but it turns out the pattern isn't colour work it is embroidered. I really don't want to embroider. I think I will try to just use the chart as colour work anyway because that is what I wanted to do next and this is a very simple looking chart. But if you look at the sample hat it looks like a bit of the design is in the decreases and this could be why its embroidered not knit. Mind you I am so new it could just be they wanted to show how to do embroidery. But ignorance is bliss because I don't know I can't do it and it is such a small project that even if it is a total wash it won't be a huge time sink.

I think I will do this hat the way I planned. I still have some time to back out but I think I will do it. It's too cute to resist and I want to learn how to do colour work. I really want to do a super cool top secret hat for Pat and I need to learn colour work for it so I'm just going to dive in and damn the consequences.

1 comment:

T. Patrick Rooney said...

Fancy and super secret! Sounds good!