Monday, September 16, 2013

Week Fifteen: E2

Applique block with a pieced border. I finished the applique, pulled out the paper, pressed it and then showed it off to my husband. But then, I don't know, something struck me as odd. I mean, ok, one point goes off center a wee bit and one is a bit mushy but the other two were great. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me. The next day I pick it up to scan it into the computer. I also grabbed two other blocks I hadn't scanned yet. And again something was bothering me. I look at all the blocks on the table and boom it hits me. E2 is way to small. Like an inch or half an inch at least. I was angry and disappointed and pretty baffled by that much shrinkage. Sure, you expect a bit while doing applique but I thought I had cut a large enough background to compensate. I shed a tear or two and decided to put it aside and add borders to make up the difference when I was feeling less incompetent.

After a busy weekend of no sewing I sat down on Monday to organize my block patterns and write the preparation post for week sixteen. As I turn the page in my binder to week sixteen poor old E2 catches my eye on the week fifteen plan. It seems I don't need to fix E2 I need to finish E2 as I had not yet added the block's framing border. This mistake was staring me in the face for days and I just never saw it.

E-2 Merry May

Will I ever stop making such ridiculous mistakes?









55, 13, 0. 1373

No comments: