Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week Sixteen: E9

This is the second block I have done in the wrong colour. Didn't notice until I had finished E10, which is also purple, and thought to myself. "How can two block the same colour be consecutive numbers?" Ugh! I knew this quilt would be a challenge but its not the wee pieces or tackling new techniques that is killing me. It's these constant, blatant, stare you in the face but you still can't see them stupid mistakes I keep making. I just know I am going to be basting this finished quilt top and almost ready to start quilting and suddenly notice I have a row upside down or I mixed up the trip around the world colour pattern.

To add insult to injury when I scan the block it looks severely wonky in the bottom row. No matter how closely I inspect this block in person it is not wonky but try squaring it up while scanning and you will go mad.

Tomorrow I will go over it with a ruler to see if it is wonky and if yes then I will redo it in the correct colour. If the ruler proves my eye to be correct I will leave it purple and switch it with another purple block. Probably F3 as the other purple E row block is already finished.

E-9 Quilt Jail







56, 13, 0. 1408

No comments: