Sunday, March 17, 2013

Once a Month Cooking: The Day After

I was not able to finish my big cook day. I ran out of ingredients and in one case containers. Very upsetting and I'm pretty pissed about it. I know the container issue was not my fault. The ingredients may be my fault. Pat and I were pretty frazzled toward the end of shopping that night. I know a couple times I grabbed a normal amount of something (ie one bunch of kale) rather than the actual amount listed on my grocery list (two). But I know for a fact I got the exact number of containers listed. Today I will do an inventory and go to the store and get the missing items.

Luckily the items left are all non cooking dishes. They are simple assemble, package, and freeze. I'm still not going to do them today. I'm tired and want to spend some time with my family.

I am very thankful I cleaned as I went last night. I did not do a final clean before going to bed but the kitchen is only a little messy it is not a disaster. I guess I should be thankful I am so limited in pots and pans as that certainly made it necessary to clean over and over. Not sure I would have kept it up at the end if it was just desirable.

Despite the setbacks I will be doing this again next month. I actually enjoyed myself. I did not once "get my rage on" which hasn't happened while cooking since I was pregnant. Even in the evening when I had many distractions and ran out of ingredients I remained calm and in control. Plus I have a freezer full of yummy easy to serve food.

I'll have photos and more details after my morning cuppa, an inventory, and a good clean.

No comments: