Saturday, March 16, 2013

Once a Month Cooking: First Break

I am going to have to put my shoes on. My feet are going to be toast at the end of the day. Thus far I have made the  oatmeal, peanut butter and banana muffins, spinach mac n cheese cups and oven baked fajitas. I am starving. The fajitas are in the oven and smell great but the mac n cheese is what I want. I'm not sure I'll be able to restrain myself til they are cool enough to put in the freezer.

I had a moment of panic when I couldn't find the ricotta (Pat packed the fridge last night while I did the pantry) but I found it while ringing Pat's cell. He and the whole family took the train to the parade and apparently Isabelle did not like it. Too noisy. Poor baby. I wish I was there.

Anyway, I found the ricotta and thus far everything is turning out fine except the oatmeal. The directions said to put it in 8 quart sized bags and I only had enough for 4 and there were only two labels so I am not sure what is going on there. Plus the oatmeal seems pretty mushy to me. I know oatmeal is a mushy meal but I don't know there just doesn't seem to be enough oats in there.

Oh well that's what I get for not testing that one first (but really since when would you need to test an oatmeal recipe). Live and learn. It's not an expensive meal so no harm no foul if we don't like it.

No comments: