Saturday, February 23, 2013

UFO Watercolour: F worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Yet another HUGE mishap in my quilting world this week. And while this one is fixable I am really upset about it. I am worried it means I am losing it. I'm not sure what I am losing but I am pretty sure it is really important.

So I am happily working away on my watercolour quilt and have traced and cut out all the applique bits n bobs from the adheasive and ironed it all to my fabrics. I let it cool so I wouldn't have to worry about peeling or glue seeping into the fabric too far and becoming unusable. In other words I am feeling like a pro! An Olympic grade champion of the adheasive applique world and going for gold.

I'm about to start layering all the pieces on the watercolour backgroundb to form my sceen when I discover - and I am struggling to hold back tears.

I discover I have put the glue on the wrong side of the fabric. For every single bit and every single bob I have glued it so the backside is facing up. Excuse me.

Sorry I needed a moment there.

Anyway. Yes this is fixable. I didn't glue anything to the background before I discovered my mistake. And, after a few hours of temper and tears, a search through my stash turned up the right colours and shades to make some more bits and bobs. Luckily the specialty metallic fabric is double sided so I can use the original.

I'm still pretty upset. This was a really dumb mistake and I don't know I feel kind of slapped down like I was getting to cocky or something. Which is silly but it's how I feel.

I'm going to be glad to put this one to bed.

No comments: