Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week Seven: Slow and Steady

I put aside my UFOs this week and started sewing Week Seven's blocks on Sunday. Thus I have three done as of today and have officially completed rows A and B of my Dear Jane quilt. Obviously I am over the moon. I have to confess the anticipation and excitement caused me to push harder than I should have while I had a cold. I had to redo a few really bad mistakes but I doubt I learned my lesson.

Luckily this week's blocks are all pretty straightforward with only one being a challenge. I saved it for last today and it took all nap time and all "Daddy time" to finish it.

A12 Framed Fancy

B5 Hot Cross Buns
B6 Wild Goose Chase


I would like to point out that there are 42 patches in A12 and 46 in B6. The crosspieces in B6 are a quarter inch. Yeah, that's right, a quarter inch. I think my fingernails may be larger than the triangles in A12.

Two rows finished and I am 14% done. Huzzah!


The story thus far...



32, 3, 0, 692

No comments: