Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yum! New Go To Breakfast is Found.

I found these on Pinterest

From Dashing Dish

Total and complete yum all around. All three of us loved them so tonight I took a page from Once a Month Mom and froze a batch for us to eat this month.

I did a batch of ten because the Canadian bacon I found had ten slices. For some reason I was thinking I would add stuff to the eggs and put them all in a bowl to measure into my ramekins for microwaving. Big mistake. First - nothing is added to the eggs so this wasn't needed (total brain fart). Second - it made a big mess transferring stuff around. Third - (because it bears repeating) nothing is added to the eggs you dip. Anyway hopefully I will remember next time.

Now that the sandwiches are all in the freezer they can be taken out the night before and nuked or put in Pat's lunch. 30 sec to 1 min to reheat and boom instant, lovely, yummy, pretty healthy breakfast!

It's been awhile since I had an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds so I am not sure how it compares but it reminds me of Eggs Benedict without the sauce. Swiss cheese is a yummy sub for the sauce though so I am not complaining.

These sandwiches are more convenient than a McMuffin or a Benny and they are way more healthy. Total win win win for all.

No comments: