Thursday, December 22, 2011

Learning to Knit: Day Eight


Huzzah! I am finally finished my second sample. Man it is huge. I can't measure it right now but I estimate it to be about 2 inches bigger than it is supposed to be. I think I better go down another size when I do the next sampler.

First Project Chapter 2.3: Diamond Peaks Square. This sampler also calls for a size 4.5 mm needle. I accidentally used a 5mm on the checkerboard. Hopefully using the right needle will keep this square from getting to big. This sampler also uses knit and purl to create a pattern but this time I am to follow a chart not written row instructions. Kind of cool hope I don't get lost.

Oh and I am not 100% sure but I think the mistake I kept making that was driving me nuts in the checkerboard is called an unintentional yarnover. It is discussed on page 50. Nice to put a name to the cursed face.

No comments: