Saturday, December 31, 2011

Learning to Knit: Day Seventeen

I have finished Diamond Peaks square. Screwed it up in a few places. Hard to tell for sure because I haven't blocked it but I definitely see a few misplaced stitches. Still its not bad. I think my knitting is tighter on the last rows than the first. This section had some really interesting sidebars on reading charts and abbreviated charts. I really like how this book is laid out and how things are explained in more than one way.

Now on to project 2.4 Maple Leaf square. The leaf is worked in purl stitches against a stockinette background with a seed stitch border. To be tricky the boarder is not charted and I have to read my knitting to keep in the seed pattern.

With this square instructions are included to make pillows by appliqueing the practice squares onto a pillow.


Nah

No comments: