Friday, December 23, 2011

Learning to Knit: Day Nine

Hooray! I finally found the yarn I needed to make a cool poncho for Isabelle. Unfortunately I had to buy it from the evil empire but every other place I looked it was either 5 bucks more per ball (yes 5 whole dollars! A rant will come when I can stop swearing) or they didn't have the right colours. I had to change 2 of the accent colours but I love how they all look together so I am not worried. Unfortunately the alternate store was missing the two main colours and I couldn't substitute them. The evil empire was only missing accent colours and it was easy to switch them out. I cant wait to start this but it will have to wait till after the holidays.

I don't know what happened but these first few rows I am knitting for the newest sampler are super tight. I am using smaller needles but that doesn't explain why the knitting is tighter on them. It is almost difficult to move the stitches along the needles. Very weird. I hope this is all typical noob knitter problems and I am not some sort of freak.

No comments: