Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Learning to Knit: Day Fourteen

I had a very merry Christmas, thank you.

Now that the holidays are over I can knuckle down and get to work on learning to knit. Over the holidays I learned to make a simple cable on a loom and knitted a pair of fingerless gloves. They are very cool and photos will be posted soon. I have to learn to "block lightly" first.

One minor setback to my Fearless Knitting progress was the lack of a marker for the chart in the next project. I do not have a fancy magnetic chart reading thingie. Mom does but we have not been able to find it yet. So I went to the evil empire and picked up some Post-it notes. Not as good but it will get the job done until I can find a magnetic board. The baby is facinated by my Post-its. I think its the colour - I should have gone with pastels not brights.

I also purchased a little knitting accessory kit bursting with intriguing little doodads. In a small zip loc bag I now have some safety stitch markers, point protectors (small and large), stitch holder, large and small row counters (very exciting), tape measure, steel wool needles and a knitting gauge. I'm not sure how many of these items are really important but I know a couple are needed and I hope none are useless. Time will tell.

No comments: