Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Plan

For almost fifteen years I have wanted to do a "Dear Jane" quilt. For Christmas I received the software and templates from my DH. I've had the book for almost fifteen years.


I played around with the software to determine my colour scheme and decided to do bright rainbow on black. The colours will be placed in a trip around the world pattern. I purchased a fat quarter in each colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and some black yardage. I am going to use a mix of fabrics for the prints and the background but I am not going to use a different fabric for every block. This way I can buy more fabric as I need it without having to worry about it being out of stock or discontinued. I still haven't decided about the sashing but if I do use sashing it will be all of the same fabric.

Over the New Year holidays I planned my attack. I decided to do approximately six blocks and/or triangles per week. I used a post from Quilting Board to help decide the difficulty level of each block and tried to keep a good mix of hard and easy in each week. I added a break for catching up approximately every four weeks. Hopefully this will keep me from getting bogged down or frustrated. If  all goes to plan the blocks will be ready for assembly in 54 weeks.

I am very excited about this project.


0, 0, 0, 0

No comments: