Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week Three: Finished Scans

Wow I can't believe it's Thursday already. I'm so sorry I've been neglecting you. On with the photos!

I did the foundation pieced blocks first because although I find the technique very finicky it is not as bad as applique. Behold my first triangle blocks:

BR1 Rosemary's Rainbow

Very easy to put together and the pieces aren't small enough to become a nuisance.

TR1 Spanish Moss


Easy but a bit finicky due to very small pieces.

TR3 Checkerboard

Good grief! Look at how small those triangle pieces are. Especially near the top. I really need this week to recover.
A3 Hunter's Moon
Not difficult but I still need to improve my technique. I must have tried a zillion different ways to put this together (ok four) but in the end I decided the appliqued melons looked best. I used a freezer paper center to help keep the melon's placed properly. I don't think this quilt will turn me into an applique artist. I have always admired applique quilts but it just hurts my hands too much. It would take me three years to make an applique quilt. Ten to make a Baltimore Album quilt.

B12 Starflower
Reverse applique. Ugh. In the end this isn't too bad for a third effort with this technique and the melons aren't too bad. But look at that poor tortured center. This block is definitely a do over once I get better. I may have to consider some practise exercises despite the pain in my hands.




15, 3, 0, 274

No comments: