Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week Five: Preparation




Week Five
This week I have my first "advanced" block to look forward to. Plus /sigh ... inset seams. Ugh. Who likes insent seams? No one, sane, including me. Plus I have two blocks with applique and one with applique and reverse applique. Joy. This week I will be completing A2, A4, A7, A9, A11, and B11. A9 (yellow block) is the advanced one. Look at all those teeny weeny itsy bitsy eensie weensie pieces!

I really shouldn't complain. After all I didn't have to take on this project. But you know what? I am putting in the work so I can complain if I feel like it. I can already feel my eyes crossing over A9 and I can see my joints seizing as I work on A7. Pretty sure the inset seams will cause a headache. Oh well. It will be worth it in the end.

To be fair A7 should be fairly easy it is just hard for me to hold applique pieces properly while I sew for extended periods.




15, 3, 0, 274

No comments: