Sunday, January 6, 2013

UFO: Flying Pirates

Status: All fabric, thread, and notions for quilt top are ready to use. Preliminary cutting done. No sewing.

This is a project I started around Thanksgiving. Not quite sure but it has been a few weeks. It is based on a tutorial I found while searching the Moda Bake Shop blog for "layer cake". It uses a fun layer cake from Benartex called Buried Treasure and some white yardage. The tutorial is Flying in Squares from Happy Quilting. I love flying geese so I was hooked as soon as I saw it.

I had already finished drawing the diagonal line through all my white squares and had started to line them up and pin them to the larger printed squares. I managed to finish putting these units together and sew on either side of the diagonal line on all the large squares.

I had company and errands to run today so that is all I had time for but I did squeeze in a couple more rows on my hat tonight while watching Dr. Who with the hubster.

No comments: