Monday, January 28, 2013

UFO Flying Pirates

Status: Blocks finished
Facing Geese block
I really pushed hard this weekend and finished all the blocks for Flying Pirates. I ran out of the white I was using and had to substitute another but it blends in fine. I have to admit I was starting to hate the pirate fabric again but now that everything is all assembled and laid out I love it.


Flying Geese block
The fabric is fun without being cutesy and masculine without being drab. I am hoping to assemble the top while DD is napping this afternoon. Not sure about borders. The pattern doesn't call for any but I put borders on almost all my quilts so I will have to see how the quilt looks once it is assembled.

In knitting news I am working on a cabled baby blanket. The yarn is giving me some trouble. I had knit about 15 rows when I noticed I seemed to be getting unintentional yarn overs. On closer inspection it seems that the extra thik and fuzzy yarn wasn't drawing very close. So I tried pulling on the yarn to tighten it up but as there is almost no slack this made it impossible to get the needles into the loops to knit them. Therefore I am just going to have to live with the occasional "hole" and be sure to pull the cabled bits tight - but  not too tight. Therefore this project is going to take longer than it should.

No comments: